Kraków/Zakopane - Feburary 2016

By Ojrza - 02:15


After returning from Barcelona, I still had a week or two of winter break from Uni, so I decided to visit my friend who lived in Kraków. 

Well, besides that, me not-ever-being-in-Kraków was a desgrace as an architectre student, so I had to make that right as soon as possible! I could draw plans of a few of its churches from memory, but haven't really seen them live, oh come on. Shame.


To be perfectlly honest, I have visited so many places abroad with my parents, but we haven't really seen much Polish cities. However that chaned in 2016, what I will probably describe in next posts. But back to Kraków...


I took only an analogue lens to this trip - a pentacon 50mm/1,8. Be prepared that some pictures are slightly out of focus. I adore the analogue feel the photos get while shooting with an analogue lens, their imperfections are their value I guess. The flares, the motion, the colours that look as if I used tons of photoshop filters... no, i haven't used photoshop. The fact that it is a prime lens made it difficult to capture wider angles and some are strangely cut that annoy me, but oh well.

 When I arrived, the weather was cold and unwelcoming so I didn't even bother to take my camera to the old town. My friend and I did make a very spontaneous decision though, we purchased tickets to Zakopane for the next day. I have been to Zakopane many years ago, as a child, and since it was about two hours away...




We didn't see much, just an express 5-hour tour. It made me want to hike in the mountains pretty badly, the views were stunning and it was just a tiny glimpse of how good can it get. I am not used to winter sceneries like that because I never was a fan of winter sports, I don't visit mountains every season. Once I was up, I was ready to change that.
















Back to Kraków! If you are a foreigneer, it is a must-see Polish destination. It has such a lovely old town that is enormous comparing to Warsaw's, to which I am used to. The main square is one of the biggest in Europe, i'll add. Kraków's buildings have been rebuilt a number of times what is clearly visible, and the fact that it is generally consistent in its architecture is an achievement. The number of tourists was surprising, considering feburary is off season.

Enjoy a few shots of the main square, the univeristy buildings, St. Peter and Paul church, the Wawel castle and Kazimierz.











































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 komentarze