Brussels/Charleroi - June 2015

By Ojrza - 07:38


I have visited Brussels on the Amsterdam-Brussels trip with my parents (more from Amsterdam here). We hadn't flown to Brussels directly, but to Charleroi. It's a post-industrial city with an incredibly strong character, and even thouh we were there for about two hours I decided to publish some pictures as well. I am very curious about the rest of the city, I have seen many abandoned buildings and fabrics on our way to the train station that I would definitely explored if I had more time. There were pretty but shightly neglected historic buildings next to decaying fabrics, an interesting combination.














Before actually seing Brussels we traveled straight to Amsterdam by train and after 3 days we returned to Brussels by coach (the drive was quite thrilling, through a heavy thunderstorm smashing trees on the motorway and such).

I enjoyed Brussels, I think of it as a less-popular brother of Paris. The aesthetics are quite similar but Brussels has a thing for golden details and lots of ornaments. Lots of art-nouveau, what pleased me. Unfortunately all builings with Victor Horta's interiors were ridiculously expensive to enter, and with much dissapointment I had to give up seing Hotel Tassel.










What did we see? The old town in the centre with all its monuments obviously, Cinquantenaire park, the interiors of Royal Palace (for free! they were astonishing), EU Parliment, we entered the Atomium and miniature park Mini-Europa (all these models were so adorable and very well done). Wandered in Ixelles district.

Enjoyed Belgian goodies - fries, chocolade and beer. It always tastes better knowing you eat or drink a product in the place of its origin. 

Enjoy the pictures!
















































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 komentarze