Amsterdam - June 2015

By Ojrza - 15:45



Summer 2015 has taken me to two capital cities of western Europe - Amsterdam and Brussels. My parents and I arrived at Charleroi airport near Brussels, and from there we traveled by Thalys train straight to Amsterdam where we spent nearly 3 days.

So about Amsterdam... most of shots obviously feature bicycles and canals. They make it a very photogenic city.  The bikes are literally everywhere, both standing alone and with their users swooshing carefreely between pedestrians on the streets. It's a miracle I haven't been hit by any while I was glued to my camera.

I was astonished by the atmosphere of Amsterdam at daytime, I definitely have a thing for hanseatic cities. I had the biggest pleasure in walking along the canals and admiring the old and classy architecture. It is funny how it contrasts with all the tourists that came for a very specific type of entertainment that Holland is known for. 

We took a tour of the famous Red Light District, out of curiosity. It was on a friday night, so the crowd looking at displays with undressed women was exceptionally wild and the smell of weed, cigarettes and alcohol filled the air. The experience was rather interesting.































































  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 komentarze