London - February 2017

By Ojrza - 14:05


Quoting Joey from friends... LONDON, BABY!

I don't ever need much convincing to visit the UK. Even though by being in Denmark I was on one adventure already, when I got an invitation from a friend I spontaneously booked a flight and flew from Aarhus to London. I was promising myself that I would go someplace else than the capital the next time I come around, but oh well, no complains from me! I topped up my oyster and went with the flow.

As it was my 3rd time in London I wasn't in any sightseeing rush. I could slow down a bit and simply enjoy my time in London with a pint of beer at Punch & Judy in Covent Garden and in Camden with my english hosts.









Westminster, Queenswalk, Tate Modern & St. Pauls was a classic route I could not miss. Still, I was incredibly pleased to see London's most famous landmarks one more time. The weather was not exactly appealing, but cloudy skies worked well with monochromatic shots. London works well in monochrome in general, I think.







































I had a brief look around Victoria & Albert museum as well, as I haven't been inside before.



In the evening we went to Shoreditch district and attended an adorable place - a cat cafe. What is more enjoyable than having coffee with a dozen of cats around? Napping, walking on furniture, trying to eat our food, chasing one another...







Oh, another district I have explored was Stratford located in east London. I got an impression that it was vibrant, with a big shopping centre and lots of new residential buildings. The main attraction of Stratford is Queen Elisabeth Olympic Park, a sporting complex built for 2012 summer Olympics. It consists of West Ham stadium, The Aquatic Centre, Media Centre, gardens and ArcelorMittal Orbit. They were interesting to have a look at and were an example of really fine public spaces. Apart from that, there was a really nice view on Canary Wharf skyline from there.

I wandered off for a bit taking random routes and discovered some pretty cool sights, totally by accident.





















 









Back to the centre, I was taken to Cheeky Nando's and for a cup of coffee at 40th floor of Heron Tower, from which Norman Foster's Gherkin looked small and adorable. I was told by the staff not to take pictures with a camera for some reason, but... I have one cool analogue shot taken from the lift, will show you when I have my analogue shots scaned.

Finished the day strolling around Hyde Park and Regent's Park.











Here now, big thanks for my english friend for showing me around some new parts of London I probably wouldn't visit by myself!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 komentarze